- Tuesday June 7, 2022: no school for students
- Wednesday June 8, 2022: Field Day
- Thursday June 9, 2022: no school for students
- Tuesday June 14, 2022: Graduation (rain date: June 15, 2022)
- Monday June 20, 2022: Juneteenth Observed- there is no school for students.
- Monday June 27, 2022: Last Day of School for students- students attend for a full day.
- Remember to read each night and practice your multiplication facts.
- Have a wonderful summer!
Non-Fiction: We will will read widely about a content area topic: Westward Expansion. Students will delve deeply into content, read across many texts that address our topic, and write about them with engagement, purpose, and more sophistication.
Writing in the Content Areas: Westward Expansion In this unit, students will write and produce research reports, expressing their understanding of the new content they are learning during reading workshop.
- Topic 16 Geometric Measurement- Classify 2-Dimensional Figures: Students focus on understanding that the attributes belonging to a category of 2-dimensional shapes also belong to all subcategories of that category.
- Getting Ready for 6th Grade Math – Students will focus on understanding integers, ratios, percent, and division of fractions.
Essential Question: What happens when two substances are mixed together?
Mexico Case Study-Students will study Mexico’s culture, history, and geography, including 100 Years of Mexico’s fight for independence and contemporary issues in Mexico.
Fifth Grade Teachers:
- Mrs. Tejeda and Mr. Asselta, 5-303
- Ms. Every, 5-303
- Mrs. Yost, 5-310
- Mrs. Cantalupo, 5-305