- June 3: No school for students
- June 8: No school for students
- June 14: Virtual Multicultural Night
- June 22: Grade 5 Virtual Graduation at 5 PM
- June 25: Last day of school
- Remember to read each night and practice your multiplication facts.
In this unit students will analyze two different authors and their craft: Patricia Palacco and Cynthia Rylant.
Shaping Texts: From Essay and Narrative to Memoir
This unit helps students grasp that form follows content, learning to take insights about their lives and decide whether these are best expressed in narratives, in essays, or in a hybrid genre.
- Topic 15 Algebra: Analyze Patterns and Relationships. Students will generate number sequences using given rules. They generalize to describe the relationship between corresponding terms.
- Topic 16 Geometric Measurement: Classify 2-Dimensional Figures. Students focus on understanding that the attributes belonging to a category of 2-dimensional shapes also belong to all subcategories of that category.
The Earth System: Students will investigate why there is more water available for humans to use in some places than in others and will explore how the parts of the Earth system interact.
Mexico: Students will study Mexico’s culture, history, and geography, including 100 Years of Mexico’s fight for independence and contemporary issues in Mexico.
Have a wonderful summer!