- The upcoming New York State English Language Arts Exam is April 19, 2023 and April 20, 2023.
Reading and Writing: State Test Preparation
Students will work on various strategies that can be used when answering multiple choice, short response and extended response questions including:
- Read the passage at least 2 times.
- Preview questions before reading the passage
- Annotate the passage
- Use evidence from the text to support your responses
Topic 9: Apply Understanding of Division to Divide Fractions
Students will understand how fractions are related to division and implement division of fractions to show quotients as fractions and mixed numbers.
Topic 10: Understand Volume Concepts
Students will have a deep understanding of the measurable attribute of volume and using numbers and operations to describe and compute the volume of rectangular prisms and composite shapes.
*We will begin preparing the students for the New York State Math exam.
Unit 2- Modeling Matter
Essential Question: What happens when two substances are mixed together?
Unit 2: European Exploration
How do issues of power, wealth, and morality influence exploration and colonization?
Fifth Grade Teachers:
- Mrs. Tejeda and Mr. Asselta, 5-303
- Ms. Every, 5-308
- Mrs. Yost, 5-310
- Mrs. Cantalupo, 5-305