- Thursday March 9, 2023: Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences (from 1:00PM – 3:00PM, and 5:00PM – 7:30PM)
- Friday March 10, 2023: Marking Period 2 ends
- Monday March 13, 2023: Spring Picture Day and Marking Period 3 begins
- Monday March 24, 2023: In-Person Coffee and Conversation at 9:30AM
- Wednesday March 22, 2023: PTA Virtual Meeting at 6:30PM
- Thursday March 23, 2023: You may view your child’s report card through their NYC Student Account
- First Grade Arrival & Dismissal – MAIN ENTRANCE
- The school day starts at 8:30 AM and ends at 2:50 PM. Please make sure your child comes to school on time.
- Please review and return your child’s Homework everyday; please clean out your child’s daily folder each day.
Virtue of the Month
- The virtue of the month is Empathy.
- Book of the month: “Destiny’s Gift” by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley
- Social Emotional Learning Competency: Relationship Skills
Reader’s Workshop, Unit 3: Fluency, Phonic, & Comprehension
Focus: Readers will be able to read books with greater independence and move towards bigger challenges.
- Self monitor
- slow down to break up long words
- make “mind movies”
Writer’s Workshop, “If… Then…”- Song and Poetry
Focus: Writers will learn to independently draft free verse poetry about a variety of topics.
- describe words and phrases
- use sensory imagery (5 senses)
- use rhythm
- revise and edit poems
- Kindergarten: Topic 9: Count numbers to 20; Topic 10: Compose and decompose numbers 11 – 19
- Grade 1: Topic 9: Compare two-digit numbers; Topic 10: use models and strategies to add tens and ones
- Grade 2: Topic 9: numbers to 100; Topic 10: add within 1000 using models and strategies
Passport to Social Studies, Unit 3: The Community
Focus: Students will be able to identify what a community is and the members in a community.
Amplify Science, Unit 2: Light and Sound (continued)
Focus: Students will be able to take on the role of light and sound engineers by investigating cause-and-effect relationships and learn about the nature of light and sound.
First Grade and K.1.2 Team
- Mrs. Hernandez, K.1.2
- Ms. Cavas, 1-120
- Mrs. Romano, 1-119
- Ms. DeCanio, 1-207
- Ms. Yeung and Ms. Cuevas, 1-205