- November 2, 2023: Half-day instruction for students; parent teacher conferences (1:00 PM – 3:00 PM; 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM)
- November 7, 2023: Election day; no school
- November 17, 2023: PTA’s fall festival
- November 22, 2023: Virtual Coffee and Conversation at 9:30 AM; end of marking period 1
- November 23 – November 24, 2023: Thanksgiving break; no school
- November 29, 2023: Virtual PTA Meeting at 9:00 AM
- First Grade Arrival & Dismissal – MAIN ENTRANCE
- The school day starts at 8:10 AM and ends at 2:30 PM. Please make sure your child comes to school on time.
- Please review and return your child’s Homework everyday; please clean out your child’s daily folder each day.
Virtue of the Month
- Virtue of the month: Thankfulness
- Book of the month: We Are Grateful: Otsaliheliga by Traci Sorell
- Social Emotional Learning Competency: Optimistic Thinking
Into Reading: Unit 3 – Amazing Animals
Focus: Students will learn that animal bodies and animal homes come in many different shapes and sizes.
Essential skills include: text features, ask and answer questions, story structures, speaking and listening: ask and answer questions
Into Reading: Writer’s Workshop: Unit 3 – Writing Form: Research Essay
Focus: Students will write an “all-about” book about their favorite animal. Focal Text: Giraffes by Kate Riggs
Kindergarten: Topic 4 – Compare numbers 0 to 10; Topic 5 – Classify and count data
Grade 1: Topic 4 – Subtraction facts to 20; Topic 5 – Work with addition and subtraction equations
Grade 2: Topic 4 – Fluently add within 100; Topic 5 – Subtract within 100 using strategies
Passport to Social Studies, Unit 1 – Families and Communities are Important (continued)
Focus: Students will identify why families are important and use personal experiences to help recognize how they influence who we are.
Amplify Science, Unit 1 – Animal and Plant Defenses (continued)
Focus: Students will identify and explain how plants and animals survive in their environment.
- Exploration of structures of plants and animals
- Exploration of environments
- Exploration of their defenses
First Grade and K.1.2 Team
- Mrs. Hernandez, K.1.2
- Ms. Cavas, 1-120
- Mrs. Romano, 1-119
- Ms. DeCanio, 1-207
- Ms. Yeung and Ms. Cuevas, 1-205