First Grade and K.1.2 Team
- Mrs. Hernandez, K.1.2
- Ms. Cavas, G/T (Gifted and Talented)
- Mrs. Romano and Mrs. Reed, ICT (Integrated Co-Teaching)
- Ms. DeCanio, G/T Remote (Gifted and Talented Remote Learning)
- Ms. Yeung and Ms. Ribadeneyra, ICT Remote (Integrated Co-Teaching Remote Learning)
- Thursday June 3, 2021: Anniversary Day (no school)
- Tuesday June 8, 2021: Chancellor’s Conference Day (no school)
- Monday June 14, 2021: Virtual Multicultural Night
- Wednesday June 23, 2021: PTA Meeting at 6:30 PM
- Friday June 25, 2021: Last Day of School
- First Grade Arrival & Dismissal – MAIN ENTRANCE
- The school day starts at 8:30 AM
- Please make sure your child comes to school, physically or virtually, on time.
- Please note new dismissal time.
- Please be prepared with a mask every day.
- Please fill out the mandatory health form every day.
- Please adhere to the NYC Health & Safety Guidelines before bringing your child to school each day.
- Please be aware of social distancing markings inside and markings outside the building.
- You will be able to contact the first grade teachers during office hours through Class Dojo (please see your child’s class code).
Reader’s Workshop, Unit: Fairy Tales. Students will be able to identify elements of a fairy tale. Students will focus on:
- Story Elements
- Character Relationships
- Lessons Learned
Writer’s Workshop, Unit: Fairy Tales. Students will be able to create an imaginary story based on skills and strategies learned in Reader’s Workshop.
- develop characters, setting, problem, and solution
- elaborate on introductions and conclusions
- Kindergarten: Step Up to Grade 1
- Grade 1: Topic 15: Equal Shares of Circles and Rectangles; Step Up to Grade 2
- Grade 2: Topic 15: Shapes and Their Attributes; Step Up to Grade 3
Passport to Social Studies
- Unit 4 Community Economics– continued.
- Students will be able to understand the differences between needs and wants, goods and services, and producers and consumers.
- Unit 3: Spinning Earth– continued.
- Students will become sky scientists. They will record, organize, and analyze observations of the sun and other sky objects as they look for patterns and make sense of the cycle of daytime and nighttime.