- Thursday, November 3, 2022: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Tuesday, November 8, 2022: Election Day (no school)
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022: Coffee and Conversation
- Friday, November 11, 2022: Veteran’s Day (no school)
- Week of November 14, 2022: Field trip to Young Chef’s Academy of Forest Hills; each class will go on a different day. Please review the trip form for more information.
- Wednesday, November 23, 2022: PTA Virtual Meeting at 9:00 AM
- Thursday and Friday, November 24 – 25, 2022: Thanksgiving recess (no school)
- First Grade Arrival & Dismissal – MAIN ENTRANCE
- The school day starts at 8:30 AM and ends at 2:50 PM. Please make sure your child comes to school on time.
- Virtue of the month: Thankfulness; Book of the month: “You Hold Me Up” by Monique Gray Smith and Danielle Daniel
- Social Emotional Learning Competency: Personal Responsibility
- Please review and return your child’s Homework everyday; please clean out your child’s daily folder each day.
Reader’s Workshop: Unit 2 – Word Detectives
Focus: Students will read procedural texts incorporating strategies from the Word Detective Unit.
- develop word-solving skills
- become more adept at using letter-sound to tackle tricky words
Writer’s Workshop: Unit 2- How-to Writing
Focus: Students will use sequenced steps to write a step-by-step instructional booklet
- tell what to do in detailed steps
- include pictures that teach
- add warning, suggestions and tips
- Kindergarten: Topic 2 & 3: Compare Numbers 0 – 5, Numbers 6 – 10
- Grade 1: Topics 3 & 4: Addition and Subtraction Facts to 20; Focus: students will use strategies to develop addition and subtraction fluency to 20 such as count on, count back, doubles, doubles plus 1, make a 10, and fact families.
- Grade 2: Topics 2 & 3: Work with equal groups, add fluently within 100 using strategies
Passport to Social Studies, Unit 1: Families and Communities are important (continuation): Students will continue to identify why families are important and use personal experiences to help recognize how they influence who we are.
Amplify Science, Unit 1 – Animal and Plant Defenses (continuation)
Focus: Students will identify and explain how plants and animals survive in their environment.
- Exploration of structures of plants and animals
- Exploration of environments
- Exploration of their defenses
First Grade and K.1.2 Team
- Mrs. Hernandez, K.1.2
- Ms. Cavas, 1-120
- Mrs. Romano, 1-119
- Ms. DeCanio, 1-207
- Ms. Yeung and Ms. Cuevas, 1-205