- Thursday November 3, 2022: Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences; Pre-K students are dismissed from school at 11:40 AM
- Friday November 11, 2022: School is closed in honor of Veteran’s Day
- Thursday November 24, 2022 – Friday November 25, 2022: Thanksgiving Break- no school
- Please check your child’s folder every day, and please return the folder to school the next day.
- Please remember to label all of your child’s belongings: jackets, water bottles, lunch boxes, lunch containers, etc.
Instructional Unit Theme: All About Us
Essential Question: Who am I and who are the people in my life?
- What makes me unique?
- What feelings do I have?
- What makes my class important?
- What makes my family important?
This month our class is learning about shapes and patterns.
Shapes: circles, squares, and triangles.
Patterns: designs that repeat over and over.
Here are some fun activities that are easy to do at home; the activities will help reinforce these concepts:
- Go on a “shape hunt” with your child at your home, or look through magazines, pointing out different shapes you see, for example; a clock (circle), a book (square), or a pizza slice (triangle).
- Make patterns with items found around the house, such as lining up utensils on a table top, such as fork, spoon, fork, spoon.
Thank you for working with us. If you have any ideas that you would like to share please let us know.
Sincerely, the Pre-K Teachers
- Try making a family recipe together at home. Cooking provides opportunities for children to measure, problem solve, develop new vocabulary, use fine motor skills such as stirring, mixing, mashing, etc…
- Happy Thanksgiving!!