Updates for Families from School Chancellor Meisha Porter
Multicultural Celebration Virtual Museum
Thank you for participating in our Multicultural Celebration on June 14th. Please enjoy our virtual museum!
District 26 Logo Contest
We are excited to share a great opportunity for all students in grades K-8. District 26 is holding a logo contest for a new design which represents the themes of togetherness, universal connection, unity, uniqueness, diversity, and empowerment. The contest is open to students in grades K-8 in District 26. All entries for the logo contest are due by Monday, May 17, 2021. Students must have parent consent prior to submitting their entry. Please see the District 26 Logo Contest Google Form with additional information. We encourage all of our students to participate in this special opportunity!
2021-2022 School Calendar Released
Free Caregiver Support Workshops
The Child Mind Institute’s School and Community Programs team would like to invite you to join us for our upcoming Caregiver Support Workshops. Our three-workshop series are designed to provide families with proactive strategies they can use to support their child’s mental health and learning needs while virtually learning from home. These workshops are available at no cost to all NYC DOE parents and caregivers. Please see below for additional details and feel welcome to share the registration link with your community members.
Promoting Positive Behaviors for Your Child Workshops
Please open this link Promoting Positive Behaviors for Your Child Series – Parent Support Webinar Series Enrollment to learn more and register for the workshops listed below.
- Structuring a Home Learning Environment; Tuesday, May 11th, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
- Managing Kids’ Screen Time; Thursday, May 13th, 2021 | 10:00am – 11:00am EST
- Motivating Your Child for Remote Learning – Part 1; Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
- Motivating Your Child for Remote Learning – Part 2; Thursday, May 20th, 2021 | 10:00am – 11:00am EST
- Improving Your Relationship With Your Child; Tuesday, May 25th 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
- Parent Calming Techniques; Thursday, May 27th, 2021 | 10:00am – 11:00am EST
Coping During COVID-19 Workshops
Please open this link Coping During COVID-19 – Parent Support Webinar Series Enrollment to learn more and register for the workshops listed below.
- Managing Grief and Loss; Tuesday, May 4th, 2021 | 12:00pm – 1:00pm EST
- Fostering Resilience Within Your Family; Wednesday, May 12th, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
- Will My Child be Okay?; Monday, May 17th, 2021 | 6:00pm – 7:00pm EST
- Managing Stress and Anxiety; Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 | 5:00pm – 6:00pm EST
- Managing Intense Emotions; Thursday, May 20th, 2021 | 5:30pm – 6:30pm EST
Supporting Learning at Home
Please open this link Supporting Learning at Home – Parent Support Webinar Series Enrollment to learn more and register for the workshops listed below.
- Supporting Your Child in Virtual Learning; Wednesday, May 12th, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
- Building a Foundation for Reading at Home; Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 | 11:00am – 12:00pm EST
- Building and Supporting Executive Functioning Skills; Tuesday, May 25th, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
For additional resources from the Child Mind Institute, please visit us at: https://childmind.org/coping-during-covid-19-resources-for-parents/.
Technical Support for Families
If you need technical support for a DOE device, please visit NYCENET Technical Support to complete the form and someone from the DOE will get back to you as soon as possible!